I'm a Mormon.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Heart Attack

Sometimes you just have to take a bad day to make life fair. Since last Wednesday I’ve been having pretty good days, I love waking up every morning, seeing the sunrays coming over the mountain and getting ready for another day of life. Honestly every day for nearly a week has been good, and even some great days mixed in there. Last night I went to bed happy, looking forward to today. I had a bunch of stuff to be happy about, dressing up, a dance test, religion class… It was supposed to be great. Then this morning came…. Ugh! Today was not quite the spectacular wonder of happiness that I was expecting, and I’d almost complain about it, but I guess it’s only fair, right? I mean there are children dying in Africa and I can’t take one bad day? Nah, I’ll take this one, I can do that… In fact it’s almost a blessing, a way to remind me that I’m not perfect or invincible. I think there’s a song about that… something about how bleeding lets you know you’re still human. Speaking of songs I think I just want to sing a couple to the world…:



What's a day when it all ends up the same,
and lasts forever?
Can't complain when there's nothing there to blame,
and things can't be better.
Summer evenings, teenage grievings,
got no problem with the life that I've been leading.
No concentration or hesitation,
I can't make time when nothings new,
‘cause waking up is hard to do so...
-Sum 41

If I had a dollar bill for every time I’ve been wrong
Id be a self-made millionaire and you’d still be gone
So hand me down my best dress shoes and my best dress shirt
‘Cause I’m going out in style to cover the hurt…
‘Cause now I’m drunk again
The leads to my end
And I’m scared of myself again….
-Reel Big Fish

On a Sunday go once around,
because when the rides done,
the hopes that you have carried,
they fall out from your hands back to the ground.
Live with that, with that.
They fall out from your hands back to the ground.
Baby live with that, With that.
And the haze clears from your eyes on a Sunday.
Yeah, the haze clears from your eyes on a Sunday.
Learn as the drugs leave.
Learn as you lose it.
You will.
-Jimmy Eat World

2 comments:

  1. Well, it seems like today ended up alright =]

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it turned out alright. Those nachos were unexpected. I hope you have a great day too. :D

    ReplyDelete