I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hey Wyoming:

Hey Wyoming:

UP YOURS!! That’s right, our defense scored more points that your offence today. That’s right, the referees called every penalty in the book… and we still won. BYU dominance is beginning to be established in the MWC. Actually after the fourth quarter I feel more like saying "hey Ref, up yours!" Did you know that there are only 40 possible penalties in the game of football (that’s including ‘using helmet as a weapon’) and I think today, some referee woke up thinking he wanted to call all 40 of them, well you got about 80% of them buddy! But despite of the numerous delays and set backs of the day, BYU once again forced a shutout in LaVell Edwards Stadium. The offence took a little while to get in the groove, but once they were going it was a cake walk to 27 points in the first half (12 of those coming from the defense). Once again BYU was able to play many of their second and third string players in the third and fourth quarters, which still held Wyoming scoreless. GO COUGARS!! Kudos though to the Cowboys, they may not have scored, but they did play a good game, nearly equaling the cougars in rushing yards, and actually having more time of possession than the cougars. It’s too bad that they just couldn’t make anything of it. Then in the fourth quarter, QB Dax Crum (sadly, not from Bulgaria) was sacked big time for a fumble, leading to another three points for the cougars. I guess that hit busted his ego more than him because he didn’t come back into the game after that. I guess it’s acceptable, good game Dax, maybe next week you’ll have better luck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
on a different note:

As a child I attended many BYU football games with my grandparents, who while residing in Long Beach, CA, loved BYU football that much that they would buy season tickets. Of course we know a season consists of multiple games, and my grandparents couldn’t go to all the games with just themselves, so naturally we were often the beneficiaries of very loving grandparents, going to the game, eating ice cream, and learning all about the important sport of football. What a impact that has made on my life. I would like to thank Wendol Murray for his love for me, as well as for all the games he took me too, all the plays he explained to me, and for his help, even in my life today. Today as the cougars took the field and the crowd sang the fight song I knew that he was there. I hope you enjoyed the game, I love you grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. so i take it they won? they better have other wise my dad will be upset for a couple days. hey, its good to know that you are keeping busy and are alive and well. keep me posted man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice description of the game, if i find time in the next few days i may offer my perspective on the game, it's weird how 3 years of cheering for a losing team changes your feelings about football. anyway, good to see you on saturday, pretty much you are the same old mike, good times :)

    ReplyDelete