I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

tmi

I recently created a note on Facebook. It was one of those chain notes, answer the questions, tag some people and see the comments flow in. I chose to do this on a whim, quickly starting as I read a friend's who had tagged me. I choose 15 people based on what came to mind first which ended up being those who I had been in contact with in the past 24 hours (perhaps even in order from the most amount of time to the least). Then I proceed to answer questions, and as fate would have it, a majority of the more prying questions fell on people that there was actually information to pry about. I however maintained a steady policy of honesty, to the point of being blunt and possibly offensive at some points, revealing somethings that perhaps should have remained hidden.

I found it an interesting release for myself, despite being myself uncomfortable with some of the answers I gave, and fearful of what they may say to me after reading this note. I suppose I put a lot of trust in the tendency of people to assume that someone is kidding when they give cutting remarks, and while most who read this note will likely see my humor throughout, they will also notice that the comments are truthful. I'm not sure just what I think about the whole idea of exposing your heart and soul to anyone at BYU that is inclined to read my note. It creates an interesting feeling, and again, despite putting all truth that I could muster, even embellishing on many items to create an interesting read, I think many people will not consider at as serious or important as it was to me. That is a good thing in the end, I do believe.

I think many bloggs are the same way, the writing puts down random peices of their soul, often being very truthful and deeply minded as they write. While readers may skim over the piece, think it's interesting, maybe even eave a comment, but rarely, if ever, will they feel the full meaning that the writer felt (unless on the rare occasion the reader was some one also directly involved in the event blogged about). Writing allows a person to take thier time to put down their true thoughts and intentions. "Writing maketh an exact man," so says an inscription at the Library of Congress, and I believe it to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment