I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This fall weather

For the past couple of weeks I've been wandering around campus in awe. Every crisp autumn afternoon was a spectacle of color and beauty for me. I loved all the leafs on the ground and all te colors the were. It was magical to see grass covered in what was like a sandy yellow of leaves, only to get blown around by every passer by. The wind, the leafs, the colors, the sun... it was SO amazing, I love this fall weather we've been having. Many people have been on the complaint the past couple of days about how cold it has become and how much they hate winter, but guess what, I still love this fall weather we're having, and yes this is still fall weather.
I think it's about time that BYU students accepted the fact that snow is not only a 'winter' happening, but infact very much a part of fall. In fact snow falls well into the spring in higher elevations, and the presece of snow does not denote winter. I think that red and yellow leaves poking out of a thin layer of snow is just as beautiful as they were all dry and crackly.

I thought it funny of myself to enjoy this fall weather we've been having so much, I don't remember loving the fall colors so much ever before. I think this is because I haven't seen fall colors for a couple of years and it's like seeing it for the first time, which I LOVE. That goes for the snow too. I've always been excited for snowfall, but I think this year I'm just a little more anxious since this will be my first time living in snow for the past two and a half years. And on that note I am SUPER excited for the snow to fall, for the slopes to open, and for me to go skiing!!!

1 comment:

  1. the best part about fall weather is stepping on crunchy leaves :) i'm not super excited about the snow, but we made it through october with out snow in logan, so i think i'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete