I'm a Mormon.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Happieness is.....

So perhaps I should just make a new blogg, "How the Gospel Relates to EVERYTHING" because I'm about to talk about it again...
Fixing your bike is like repentance. So true. A couple weeks ago I had one of the saddest days ever. A number of unhappy little things went on, but in the end the worst part was when I left class and got my bike to go home, I had a flat tire :-( Ultra sad. Walking my bike all the way home was exceptionally sorrowful, but naturally life went on. It took me about a week until I had the time to fix it, so it was somewhat of a dark and sad life for that time, but then on the day when I finally had the time and went out and fixed it I was SOOO happy. It was like a complete reversal of my feelings from the previous week. This of course reminded me of Alma, “that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.” That’s kind of how I feel about my bike being broken… and then fixed, what a lovely gospel adventure.

1 comment:

  1. "I believe in Christianity as I believe in the rising sun; not because I see it, but by it I can see all else." -- C.S. Lewis

    It's totally ok that you relate everything to the gospel, because everything is relatable :)

    ReplyDelete