I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shine your shoes, wipe your... face

I hate walking on grass.  It's been come serious issue in my mind recently because every time someone walks on the grass it gets all muddy and gross because of the melting snow, which results in all the nearby snow turning brown as well...   blech.
Today I was walking home from school with a friend and as we neared the corner of the stadium parking lot (where we then take a right turn along the stadium to go home) I could tell that she was going to cut across the grass instead of staying on the pavement.  I didn't want to be super awkward and walk all the way to the corner since we were engaged in conversation, so I just gritted my teeth and went on the grass.  I'll admit it wasn't the worst thing that could've happened to me today, but it was pretty sad, sad enough that next time I just might suffer the strange looks and stay off the public grass.  

Another note on pet-peeves, have you ever gone to visit a professor a his/her stated 'office hours' and he/she isn't even there!  I think that of the few times I've gone to visit a professor durring their office hours 90% of the time they haven't been there.  This morning I went to two professors, neither of which was in their office at the appointed time, I even tried back a half hour later and there still wasn't anyone there.  It might be understandable that they were both out for half an hour except that they only have one hour of in office time, being out more than half of it is pretty much not showing up at all.  It was a disappointing experience, but I'm trying to get past it...

No comments:

Post a Comment