I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DK

Last November Nintendo released a retro-remake game for the Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, emulating the style and format of the original SNES game DK Country.  Sadly then (and now) I did not have the funds to purchase brand new wii games, but I did have in my possession a N64 and the interesting title of Donkey Kong 64.  Being curious about the DK franchise I decided that before I would allow myself to buy the new DK game, I would play through the old DK game.

Sadly DK 64 is one of the worst platform games ever created.  The controls are glitchy, the levels are expansive and the goals are obscure.  I never would have made it past the first hour of playing if I hadn't found a very thorough game guide online.  Of course I, being a perfectionist, could not settle for merely beating the final boss, I had to go through every level, collecting every banana medal, finding every banana fairy, and of course getting every last golden banana (not to mention the battle crowns, blueprints, and boss keys).  The guide I found was very useful in aiding my quest, but as you can see here, it still took me 46 HOURS!!  (that's right, all 101% - the 201st banana is a 'secret')

And happily for my birthday this week, I was rewarded with the next installment.  I now consider myself a DK enthusiast... for the most part.

1 comment: