I'm a Mormon.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Where in the world is....

Today in my History of Creativity Class we discussed the Islam, and the Muslim explosion that took over the civilized world through the dark ages of Europe. We discussed how Spain was controlled by Muslims far into the middle ages and we learned of many of thier influences, one of which was The Alhambra, a palace/fortress built in the 14th century. I remembered/recognized it because of a computer game we used to play about the one and only, Carmen Sandiego. So, "many thanks for the food, now off we go to Fort Jesus."

The past week has represented a large change in my life. I find myself with a lot of extra time on my hands, and I also find myself, in some ways, more relaxed, open, care free, talkative oftentimes, and yet lonely all the same. I've begun a whole new socially experimenting me. It's hard to explain, but especially today and yesterday, I've been returning to a forgotten zone of flirting (something I was never good at) and seeking out social situations. I must admit there is a level of excitement, mostly adventure, not knowing what will happen at any given moment, and despite this exhilaration, I can't quite say it "just what I wanted." We shall see though what I do with this newly re-found freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment