I'm a Mormon.

Monday, December 2, 2013

My team

**I wrote this back in September, but just now got around to adding links/pics and posting it.  As I sat and watched the Seahawks on Monday night football.**

Growing up in Utah you don't get a "hometown" NFL team.  You either go with the Denver Broncos as the closest geographically, or you go with the 49er because of Steve Young.  I remember as a kid watching each of these teams win a super bowl and rooting for them.  But let's be honest, I was never really a fan of either of them. 

For the most part I've just ignored the NFL, watching a big game here and there, and rooting for whatever team had my favorite former college star.  (i.e. Dennis Pitta on the Ravens, Austin Collie on the Colts/Patriots, John Beck on whatever team picked him up that season, etc.)  Then as soon as that team started doing poorly, or my player was traded I stoped caring again.

As of last night, that is no longer the case.

I have chosen to be a fan, follower, and supporter of the Seattle Seahawks.  I would like to here present you with my reasons.

1. Seattle.
2. Neon Green and Grey.
3. My parents and my in-laws live in Washington, I likely will too someday, so I might as well start cheering for them now.
4. Some small connections to a handful of players including: Russel Wilson who I followed through his years at Wisconsin, Robert Turbin who played at Utah State (and scored a TD on an 80 yd run on the FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE against BYU in '11), and Golden Tate who I had on my college football fantasy team for several high scoring weeks.  (Other's include Jermaine Kearse and Bobby Wagner.)
5. I like them, and it's as simple as that.  From here on I will support the seahawks win or loose.



I've kind of been a Seahawks fan for awhile, but very much a fair weather fan.  I was irate when the '06 superbowl was stolen from them by the officals and the Steelers, but I stoped caring as they rebuilt.  Now I'm jumping back on the bandwagon, but I'm here to stay.  I really like teams from Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment