I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

cheap as free

I was scrolling through my past posts, and noticed that I last updated you on my desktop background before The Hunger Games came out.  Well it's been a while since it came out (I've even seen a new movie since then) and I have since updated my desktop background.

However before I tell you about that I have to go back in time and tell you about my current electronic situation.  Over the past years I've slowly been accumulating odds and ends that would make a great home office someday, and it had finally taken shape.

Most of these Items were purchased from the BYU Surplus Sale that happens every month.  A great way to get cheap stuff.

So as you can see I now operate my laptop as more of a desktop with two monitors.  It's nice, I usually have a web browser open on the main screen with music controls, chat windows and other extras open on the secondary side (my laptop screen).

Also the soundbar/speaker that came with the monitor is very nice as far as computer sound goes.  The monitor also functions as a 4 port USB hub, which is nice for plugging in and charging my phone, ipod, kindle, and camera.  It's for sure worth a lot more that $60.

So with that in mind... I'll make a new post about my new desktop background.

No comments:

Post a Comment