I'm a Mormon.

Monday, February 13, 2012

curling dreams

So this past weekend Stephanie and I lived out a dream and went curling.  Ever since the winter olympics two years ago (when we were just dating) we watched several curling matches and decided that we would someday go curling.

The Utah Olympic Oval in Kerns, UT offers curling classes and open curling times in the evenings so we went with some of my siblings (and my dad) and curled!  The most interesting part of living out this dream is that the night before I had had a dream about going curling.  And as with most dreams, everything was just a little strange...


Instead of curling with nice, rounded curling stones like this:
We were using unnaturally tall and awkward stones like this:
And instead of curling on a nice long sheet of ice (about 120 feet)


We were throwing stones on a rather short and boxed in sheet and I kept hitting the back wall, no mater how soft I did it (typical dream frustration).

The dream was further crazy by the random appearance of Stephanie's former roommate (a totally crazy, and really creepy person) who was not only in the dream, but wouldn't stop talking to me.

Hopefully I'll post some pictures soon (when I get them from my dad) of us actually curling.  I hope to go again soon, and I just might be the next world champion curler.  (Okay, not really next, but future... the national championships are actually happening right now, fyi.)


PS. since things in dreams don't really exist I did quick mock-ups of them using Google SketchUp.

No comments:

Post a Comment