I'm a Mormon.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Bank of ***** or why I hate Wells Fargo

(insert your own pluralized inappropriate word into the space above)

Apparently Wells Fargo's Car loan department does not accept a legal contract as proof of residence.  Instead I had to call Rocky Mt. Power and have them fax over my account statement, proving that I do live at my apartment.

Then an hour later they said that Stephanie also had to have different proof of residence (even though they had previously said that her pay-stub would be fine, since it did in fact have her address on it)!  The branch manager was apologetic and helpful in suggesting a credit union where he knew a manager who was really good.  It was actually the Wells Fargo branch manager that called the car loan dept. an inappropriate word that inspired the title to this post.

Because they were so dumb, we had to miss out on the Bees game, which I was ok with at first thinking we would have a new car.. but now I'm just infuriated with the whole process.  Interestingly enough the branch manager and our call seller both suggested the same credit union (UCCU) and said it would be really fast, with low rates, so I will hopefully have a post with our new car's pictures by tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment